Alec B. Wisner has a rare gift for facilitating positive communication between even the most contentious parties and an ability to provide clients with a clear understanding of complex underlying issues. His practice of law focused on complex civil litigation, class actions, and family law.
Since becoming a full-time mediator, Alec Wisner has been using his unique and diverse background to help hundreds of clients successfully resolve disputes through mediation. While he has had particularly extensive training, experience, and success with disputes involving commercial law, family law, and closely held corporations or family-owned businesses, Alec Wisner also mediates disputes involving virtually all areas of the law, including real estate law, tort law, and insurance law.
When mediating, Alec Wisner’s goals is to enable all parties to understand the risks and costs associated with litigation as well as the broader settlement possibilities offered by mediation as opposed to the civil litigation system.
- Mediator at Wisner Dispute Resolution Services (2002-Present)
- Lecturer at Mediation, LawTalk, MCLE (2009-Present)
- Partner at Stanbury Fishelman & Wisner (1998-2002)
- Lecturer at Legal Ethics, LawTalk, MCLE (1996-1999)
- Of Counsel at Stanbury & Fishelman (1996-1998)
- Director at Golden Triangle Financial Services (1992-Present)
- Owner and Operator at Corporate Entities in Printing and Publishing Industries (1978-1996)
- Principal at Law Office of Alec B. Wisner (1976-1978)
- Associate at Stanley Anthony Shulster, PLC (1975-1976)
- Mediation Training and Forums (2004-2006)
- “Mediating the Litigation Case” Training Certificate at Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University (2003)
- J.D. at University of Southern California Law Center (1974)
- A.B. at University of California (Los Angeles) (1971)
- Member of the California and Nevada State Bar
- Member of the Central and Northern District of United States District Court and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Founding Member of Mediators Beyond Borders
- Member of the Los Angeles and Clark County Bar Association
- Member of the Southern California Mediation Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Association for Conflict Resolution
- Pro bono and party pay mediation panels of Los Angeles Superior Court
- Executive Committee ADR Section of San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Mediation Happens When you Least Expect it, ADR Times (2012).
- The Joys of Giving, ADR Times (2011).
- Making Settlement Last, ADR Times (2011).
- Uncertainty Drives Conflict Resolution, ADR Times (2011).
- Exhilaration and Disappointment: Debate Tips for Mediators, ADR Times (2011).
- Moving the Goalposts—How to Craft a Mediators Proposal, ADR Times (2011).