For more than thirty-five years, Greg’s practice has focused on intellectual property matters including transactional matters before the US. Patent and Trademark Office, international patent and trademark offices, and US Customs; litigation in numerous US state, federal, and appellate courts, before the ITC, and internationally in Europe and the Far East.
Greg has also had an active transactional practice advising and participating in negotiation, drafting, and due diligence activities in a wide range of business transactions including manufacturing, asset purchase, joint venture, business formation, employment, and consulting agreements. The subject matter of the litigation and transactional practice included electronics, electro-mechanical systems, and computer and mechanical technologies.
Greg has also been active in the electronic discovery and records management area being an active member of the Sedona Conference. Greg has become increasingly active in mediation and arbitration as an advocate representing numerous clients in such proceedings and as a neutral serving as sole arbitrator, panel member and panel chair, and more recently as a mediator in a wide variety of litigated matters ranging from personal injury, to commercial disputes, to complex intellectual property disputes.
Greg also assists and counsels clients in evaluating dispute resolution options and developing optimal dispute resolution and settlement strategies. Greg enjoys cycling, skiing, and reading books about history and philosophy.
- Principal of Wood IP Resolution
- Of Counsel with Feldman Gale PA
- Partner at Fulbright and Jaworski L.L.P. (2002-Present)
- Partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly (1999-2002)
- Managing Partner at Merchant & Gould (1992-1999)
- Partner at Nilsson Robbins (1977-1992)
- In-house patent attorney with Hughes Aircraft (1975-1977)
- ADR Certificate, Straus Institute at Pepperdine University (2010)
- J.D., with honors, University of La Verne College of Law (1975)
- M.S., Control Systems Engineering, The University of California at Los Angeles (1971)
- B.S., Electronic Engineering, The University of California at Los Angeles (1967)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition, Inc.
- Sedona Conference
- American Arbitration Association Commercial Arbitration Panel
- International Trademark Association ADR Panel
- Los Angeles Superior Court ADR / VCS / Neutral Evaluation Panel
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Fee Dispute Arbitration Panel
Publication / Media
- “Building Trust in Mediation,” Dispute Resolution Magazine, Vol. 16, No. 4, Summer 2010
- “Technology Basics,” eDiscovery for Corporate Counsel, Chapter 4, Thompson / West Publishing, 2009.
- “The Case for Cooperation,” The Sedona Conference (contributing editor), September 2009.
- “E-Discovery Disputes, Mediation and Confidentiality,” Bloomberg Federal Practice Law Reports, Vol. 3, No. 36, September 8, 2009.
- The Best Lawyers in America – Intellectual Property Law (2008, 2010)
- Southern California Super Lawyers (2004-2011)
- “Euromoney Guide to the World’s leading Patent Law Experts” (Summer 1997 issue)
- Law Review
- Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society)
- Hughes Masters Fellowship Award