PositionConsummate Corporate , Real Rstate Attorney, Mediator
A consummate corporate and real estate attorney and mediator, Joel Fishman has worked almost four decades as a business lawyer and mediator of business disputes. Representing large, middle market, and entrepreneurial businesses in a broad range of industries including entertainment, communications, new media, and technology, Fishman represents clients in the formation, financing, operation, and expansion of businesses, as well as with the leasing, purchase, development, financing, and sale of all types of real estate.
Adept at navigating business disputes from nearly four decades as a business law attorney, Fishman understands the root cause of many business disputes—whether from outdated business models, different visions for the future of the company, or the downturn in the economy—and utilizes that knowledge base in his practice as a neutral mediator of business disputes. Fishman received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Southern California Law Center and his Bachelor’s degree from the University of California (Berkeley).
Fishman is active in the Southern California community, and he frequently writes for the Los Angeles Daily Journal on mediation as well as corporate and real estate legal topics.
- Business Mediator at Agency for Dispute Resolution (Present)
- Principal at Gladstone Michel Weisberg Willner & Sloane ALC (Present)
- Adjunct Professor at University of California, Los Angeles (Present)
- Key Executive at Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Committee for 1984 Olympic Games (Past)
- United States Congressional Senior Staff Member (Past)
- Juris Doctorate at University of Southern California Law Center (1976)
- Bachelor of Arts at University of California, Berkeley (1969)
- Admitted to the California Bar
- Admitted to the District of Columbia
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Athletes Touch
- Downtown Los Angeles Business Forum
- Provisors Westside Mergers & Acquisitisons Group
- Former Chairman of the Board for Teach for America, Los Angeles Region